Friday, November 8, 2013

My amazing HUBBY

I just have to share how amazing my husband is.
And how many skills he has.
He may have had the opposite childhood to me and never have even made a sandwich before he came to Australia but he can do so much more than I could have imagined.
Often using the oddest materials and natural materials.
His dad was only around till Rob was 6 but it seems that Rob learnt much from him in those early years.

I love that along with seeing the way Rob works, I learn more about his past and childhood and the interesting way he grew up.

One day I will share in depth Robs amazing life story.

We are continuously amazed how God bought two people from opposite sides of the world to be together.
Who knew a boy from a traditional African village, would become an orphan, be raised in an orphanage and grow to be a Doctor.... and along the way meet a white girl from a tight knit family who had suffered from medical problems her whole life, and everyone always said - you need to make sure you marry a dr or someone to help care for you one day

God is amazing...

Here's some photos of the things Rob has done for me.

 

 

When we ordered our bed it still wasn't ready when we had to leave - so we had to take it unsanded and not varnished.

Very late one day Rob worked on it after doing 12 hrs at work!!

I made him a mask out of my facewasher and elastic mum send us with

He did an amazing job







 

Rob has never really cooked before meeting me because of the circumstances he grew up in ( except for a few local foods)

He has now MASTERED the art of hot chips ( thanks to our slicer dicer plus from Mailee - chops best chips!! )

 

When I feel like chips or I am unwell  - he sneaks off and comes back with these  and they are AMAZING..... I won't even try and cook them because now this can be his job ;) hehe





He has made Chapatis for us ( a local food) while  he made me sit down

And then a week later proceeded one day to teach me

All after a long day at work for him....

They turned out amazing!




I simply mentioned one day that I wish I had a mirror and somewhere to put my jewellery and makeup that I bought.....

Yes I know I bought a lot of jewellery and perfume from home..... I'm just not 'LEAH' without some jewellery - Rob and I still can't believe we got my vintage suitcase with 10kgs of jewellery on plane

 

ANYWAYS

With some simple nails and he bought a tray to fit over the slates so my makeup wouldn't fall through and he bought a mirror - he made a little beauty area for me on my clothes rack.

 

I love it!



A neighbour mentions her baby is sick over the fence and can she see him at the hospital on Monday  - ROb says i'll come over now and we went over and he did full medical examination on baby and prescribed medication and gave the new mum some ideas.

This saved her sitting in line alllll day at hospital and leaving her sister and brother who she is raising alone.

He then made sure we went back and checked up on the baby next day and again another day.





Our kitchen doesn't have any benches - most African cook on the ground in traditional way with charcoal or sometimes gas.

Rob knew my back wouldn't cope with that although I would have done it.

So with the tiny bit of money we had from his allowance he bought scrap wood and knocked up a bench for our gas stove and pots and pans.

 

He did this after a 9hr day at work



Rob shared with me that when he was at school - students had to bring a broom every term to donate to school and help in cleaning up the dust.

Since rob lived at childrens home, all the kids that lived there would collect the items needed and sit and make brooms together before taking them to boarding school at start of term.

When we bought our broom - it was one - and very thick and Rob said - This is not made very well

He bought cut up rubber from a tyre and then remade them into two and they work great.

Who knew my husband was so skilled in making brooms.

 

All the neighbours have looked at it and said how good and clever it is - he even added handles - something no one had seen done before :)






No comments:

Post a Comment