Sunday, November 10, 2013

An unexpected trip home?


Sometimes God and life take us on a little bit of a detour on our journey.
Just want to share a small part of our journey that has caused a minor detour in our lives which will end us up back in Australia in next few days.

I have been very unwell these last few months.

It started before we left Australia but dr’s had thought they had whatever it was fixed.

Well it would appear this is not the case and especially within last 6 weeks every day I am in more pain than the day before.

 I won’t go into all of what the problem is but it becoming very difficult to do any of the normal daily tasks here from pain, which is hard when in my head I am fine.

This is one of the things that has stopped me from being about to do any volunteering since we got here.


We have seen many doctors here and had tests done but they are now at a stage where they can’t do anymore and are recommending I return home to have it sorted out.

My Australian doctors are in agreement with this.


When we heard this I didn’t believe this could be what had to happen so I kept taking all the medicines and kept believing for healing.

But every day brings new pain and challenges.

When some friends of ours who will remain anonymous said that they had felt challenged to let us know they had money for us if we ever needed to go home, we started to pray that if this was the right thing God would open the doors.

Due to Rob’s internship he doesn’t normally get holidays or time off – I was not keen to go without him, nor was he, especially as we have no idea how long it will take.

We prayed that God would allow Rob to be able to have the time off if he was suppose to come.

Rob’s intern bosses have been very understanding and have given him to January off. It will not in any way affect his internship, only that he will make up that time at the end, which is fine.

We quickly applied for a visa and everything fell into place with that.

We came to city to wait the visa – which normally takes 15days – ours took 1 day after they received it – they processed it in a day!

A miracle!!

I have honestly really struggled with this decision (just ask Rob J ) even though I desperately want to see my family and friends – I struggle to see how this is right when we are really just settling in. But with all the prayers prayed and all we have done, and all of the ways God has opened the doors ( so many others I haven’t mentioned) it is clear that God goes before us. I’m pretty tough when it comes to health matters, but the pain and uncertainty of it all has become a struggle, and not being able to do all I feel I can do here.

So for now we will enjoy the time with family and really pray that my health will be sorted quickly so that we can be back here and both of us will be able to continue helping the people of this country we love so much.

We pray that God will watch over our farms and Rob's family and our home as we return to Australia for a little while.

I don’t understand the reasons but I trust God and are sooooo thankful for the amazing friends that God has used to make this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment