Friday, August 2, 2013

HELLO UGANDA


HELLO UGANDA

As we landed after almost 26hours in transit, it finally sunk in.

I am married and about to start my life in Uganda – the land I have loved for so long.

I still cannot believe after all these years of imagining this day – even with all the times I have visited Uganda and Africa.....that now this is home.

But now home feels like wherever Rob is.

Robs brother picked us up from the airport with a taxi and it was great to catch up with him for a short time.

We praise God we had no problems getting my visa or through customs ( oh hold on this is Uganda.... what customs J )

We had decided to stay at a motel for 2 nights when we arrived as we were exhausted from all the packing and the busyness in the weeks leading up to leaving and of course the long flight.

We weren’t really sure what motel to try but we found one in a part of Kampala. Very cheap, small but clean and safe.

But let me just say they say NEW YORK is the city that never sleeps – well I’ve been to New York and I have never heard so much noise 24 hours a day as I did in that area J

Just as much noise at 2am as through the day.

We spent the next 2 days sleeping and just relaxing. Already missing hot water but at least there is a shower.

We did a bit of looking around for things we would need to take with us when we move up country but other than that we just enjoyed being together.

Breakfast was included at motel – even delivered to the door – which was African tea ( tea with boiled milk – so good!! ) and bread

( very different to ours much harder – more like week old bread at home) and bananas ( Uganda has the best bananas)

After resting for 2 days, it was time to get to the task of planning our future.

PLANE AMUSEMENTS - MESSAGES TO EACH OTHER WE LOLLY LETTERS!

After 26 hours travelling we are about to land in UGANDA! Our Home!


 Our welcome grew.... mostly people we don't know :)
Our little motel room in city
CATHERINE HOTEL - our motel from outside.... that van is the TAXI"S that I will tell you more about later.

right near motel

No comments:

Post a Comment